National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus
Information was taken from the official web-site www.artmuseum.by
The museum was founded by Resolution of People's Commissars of the BSSR as the National Gallery of BSSR on 24 January 1939 as the National Gallery of the BSSR. It was renamed on 10 July 1957 into the State Art Museum of the BSSR and on 1993 into the National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus.
The National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus is the coutry's largest collection of national and foreign art, where more than 30,000 artifacts are stored. It froms 20 collections of monuments of the art of Belarus, other countries and nations.
The museum brings together under its leadership the following branches: The Museum of V.Byalynitski-Birulya in Mogilyov, the Museum "The Vankoviches' House. Culture and Art of the first half of the 19th century" in Minsk, and the Museum of the Belarusian folk art in Raubichi.
The First National Forum "Museums of Belarus". Museum Catalogue. The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus, 2012.Additional sources about the museumNational Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus. Ekskursii.by